July 8 – July 19, 2013
Millhopper Montessori School’s Summer Drama – a two week Performing Arts Intensive. During the two weeks of drama camp, students will be immersed in vocal training, choreography, learning lines and cues and team work. At the end of the two weeks the students will present MMS Club, their version of the Mickey Mouse Club, with skits and three Disney medleys. Hey There, Hi, There, Ho There, Your as welcome as can be! M-i-l-l h-o-p-p-e-r Mont-essori!
Below are some guidelines and expectations to help you have a successful week.
1. Everyone has to work as a team.
2. Cast members don’t need to give direction while on stage. It’s distracting and the audience can see you doing it. It also breaks your character
3. Use expressio
4. Maintain Character at all times while on stag
5. Don’t talk or play while on stage
6. Backstage needs to sit quietly
7. Pay ATTENTION! AND FOCUS
8. Wait for audience to stop clapping before speaking again
9. Memorize your lines and cues, and know your blocking by Friday, July 12, 2013.
10. Maintain eye contact and enthusiasm!
11. Practice at home daily to be prepared for rehearsals
12. Our show is on Friday, July 19 at 11:30am in Ms. Christina Miller’s Classroom. -It is IMPORTANT to attend camp all two weeks from 9:00am – 3:00pm! If you miss a little you miss a lot! Too many absences will result in a recast!
Please be sure to start memorizing your lines and songs. Your lines and cues must be memorized by Friday, July 12, 2013. Summer Drama – a two week Performing Arts IntensiveYour costume will consist of a summer camp t-shirt (provided by MMS) long blue jeans and black shoes (provided by you). Other items will be added to your costume according to your character. (provided by MMS) You are only responsible for the long blue jeans and black shoes. Girls: Please come to school on Friday, July 19 with your hair in a ponytail or two pigtails or a bun. Your hair must be pulled back and away from your face for the show. Thank you!
Come along sing along and join our jamboree!
Ms. Sylvia Aslanian
Mr. Richard Aslanian
Ms. Susan Salvatore
Ms. Rasha Choudar