Middle School Spanish Syllabus
Students will develop, according to each grade level, skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking, in order to communicate effectively in Spanish. Students will also learn about the Hispanic culture and its traditions.
Students will use the online book Spanish 1 ¡Avancemos!
Cuaderno 1, práctica por niveles (¡Avancemos!)
Students must come to Spanish class with the following materials:
- Spanish Folder
- Cuaderno, práctica por niveles (¡Avancemos!)
- One notebook (1-subject)
- Two writing implements of choice (pencil or pen)
Students will earn participation points for:
- Coming to class on time and prepared (with appropriate materials)
- Being on task
- Volunteering to answer questions
- Communicating in Spanish instead of English whenever possible
Students will have homework assignments every week. All the homework, projects, quizzes and tests will be posted on Jupiter Grades (JG) in advance. Students should check JG daily. Five points will be deducted from the grade for every day the homework is delayed.
The grade will be calculated as follows:
- Quiz and skits 20%
- Tests and Projects 20%
- Homework 25%
- In-class assignments 10%
- Semester exam 15%