The boys and I had an absolutely stellar first practice today! I am so impressed with how well they did that I wanted to send a note to let you know and also to ask you to give your child a big Thank You from me. Here are some highlights:
- Everyone seemed excited about taking ownership for their practices and games. I think all of the players except for Lucas had the chance to lead a drill today.
- Everyone had plenty of ideas for plays to write in our play book. We ran out of time today, but I hope to discuss it with them more next week.
- Ethan and Eduardo shared a lot of knowledge from their GSA soccer teams, which I know will help a lot as we develop our team.
In case your player would like to write out / draw out their ideas for plays to put in our play book, I have posted an electronic copy of the play book sheets I am using. If your player brings a play sheet to practice, I’ll add it to our book. To access this file:
- Go to our team site: https://sites.google.com/site/saraswalters/soccerteam
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you should see a link for Play Book Sheet.pdf.
- Either click on the link to open the file, and then click the Print button, or
- To the far right of the file name, click the blue Download arrow to download a copy of the file to your computer.
Sara Sartain Walters