I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer. Just a few short days and everyone will be back at MMS for a brand new school year!
I just want to remind everyone that the summer reading assignment is due the first day of school. Students may turn it in at orientation if they wish. I have attached a pdf of the summer reading assignment, just in case. Remember returning students must use MLA format for their assignment. (New M3S students do not.)
Ms. Sherilyn has already sent out a few classroom information emails so be sure to read over those before the school year starts. Remember when you are getting school supplies, your Language Arts notebooks need to be 8.5 in. x 11 in. This is the size of a piece of paper. Students will be gluing pages in their notebook and if it’s too small the pages will stick over the edges. This tends to be frustrating for students as the year progresses.
Also, I want to let everyone know the books students will be studying this school year so if you wish to order them in advance, you may. I will include the ISBN-10 # for each book. Students are welcome to use electronic reading devices throughout the school year if they prefer, but all of the books might not be available through this medium.
- 6 Great Sherlock Holmes Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, ISBN-10: 0486270556 (Students need this book by September 3, 2014)
- Peak by Roland Smith, ISBN-10: 0152062688
- Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde, ISBN-10: 0152053417
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding, ISBN-10: 0399501487 (Students need this book by August 26, 2014)
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, ISBN-10: 014240733X
- The Adventure of Ulysses by Bernard Evslin, ISBN-10: 0590425994
- No Fear Shakespeare: Henry V by William Shakespeare, ISBN-10: 1411401034
I hope everyone has a great final few days of the summer. I’m looking forward to see you all at orientation. Please email me if you having any questions regarding this email, or language arts for the upcoming school year.