It was a very successful week. Thank you to everyone able to attend the Parent Orientation meeting last night. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to hear more about our goals and methodology.
Skills worked on this week included:
- Choosing work
- Putting away work when finished
- Pushing in our chairs
- Remembering to select a rug if wanting to work on the floor
- Proper hand washing
- Kind hands and bodies
- Not touching other people’s work
- Proper sand box etiquette
- Sitting on their bottoms at the lunch tables
- Unpacking and repacking lunchboxes at the beginning and end of lunch, respectively
- Sitting in circle with legs crossed
- Gross motor skills: marching, hopping, balancing, stretching, catching, throwing
- Fine motor skills: grasping, holding, spooning, tonging
- Saying goodbye
These are skills that will be worked on throughout the course of the school year, in addition to many other specific lessons.
There are now pictures on the class’ Shutterfly site in addition to Facebook. You should have received an email with the shutterfly password.
Thank you for all of your support,