Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
Friday, April 4th
There will be no school for students on Friday, April 4th. This will be a teacher workday.
Please bring a collection of 12 very small items, which can be brought to school in a zip lock bag.
4th grade: Items due on Wednesday, April 9th
5th grade: Items due on Monday, April 14th
Presidential Physical Fitness Testing
Monday, April 7th and Wednesday, April 9th
Please be sure to fill out and send in permission slips for this event! Contact Amilda if you need another copy.
Monday, April 7th – Friday, April 11th
Come browse the Scholastic Book Fair in the Big Room next week! We’ll have books available for all ages, from preschool through adult. And the prices are great! Flyers went home today so you can see what we’ll have to offer.
You can also click on the Scholastic logo above to order online. Just use our class code of LBR3Y or MVPHN and our school will receive free books!
Thursday, April 10th
Report cards for the 3rd quarter will be sent home on Thursday, April 10th. Please contact us if you have any questions.
4th Grade FLORIDA WRITES
Wednesday, April 16th
The 4th grade students will take the Florida Writes exam during their Media Center time, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Each student will have 60 minutes to respond in writing to either a narrative (storytelling) or expository (explanatory) prompt.
While the test is scored, it is not graded and will not impact their Composition grade. It is, however, kept in the student’s file which stays with them as they move to other schools. Parents and students will receive information on the score received, and the reasons for that score.
Please let Ms. Jennifer know if you have any questions. The best way to reach her is via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING PICTURE DAY – Rescheduled
Friday, April 18th
Put on your Sunday Best and get your picture taken on Friday, April 18th.
Iowa Testing (ITBS)
Monday, April 21st – Thursday, April 24th
Get a good night’s sleep, eat a hearty breakfast, and come show the world how smart you are!
Camp Crystal – 5th Grade
Wednesday, April 30th – Friday, May 2nd
5th graders will be going to Camp Crystal at the end of the month. Permission slips can be found here:
June 9th – July 18th
Spots fill up quickly! Be sure to reserve your child’s place soon.
You can access the brochure by going to this link: http://millhopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Summer-Camp-Brochure-2014.pdf
APRIL 3rd 7:00 AM – 7:30 PM
LOWRY PARK ZOO and FLORIDA AQUARIUM (Tampa)
Instructions for Zoo/Aquarium Field Trip
7:00 am – meet at Springhill Commons Publix parking lot.
7:15 – 9:30 – Travel to Tampa
9:30 – 12:15 pm – Lowry Park Zoo
12:20 – 1:20 – Lunch in Lowry Park (across street from Zoo)
1:20 – 2:00 – Travel to Florida Aquarium
2:00 – 5:00 – Florida Aquarium
5:00 – 5:30 – Snack
5:30 – 7:30 Travel back to Gainesville (meet in Springhill Publix parking lot)
2. Groups – Students will be in assigned groups and must stay with their assigned group at all times. Changing groups is not permitted.
3. Rides – Students will NOT be allowed to go on rides at the Zoo and Aquarium.
4. Dress code – Students must wear MMS shirt (any style is fine). Sneakers and shorts are highly recommended! Dress code is same as for school.
5. Food – Students must bring their own food, packed in paper (disposable) lunch bags. Please have separate bags for lunch and snacks, as the lunches will be handed out in the Lowry Park, and snacks may be taken with student. Pack enough for the whole day!
6. Money – Students may bring money to purchase items. We will be stopping in the gift shop for 10 minutes. Students are responsible for their own money, teachers will not be holding it for them.
7. Electronics – Students are permitted to bring electronics for use on the bus (there is no wifi). Cell phones may only to be used for taking pictures at the Zoo and Aquarium, but not for texting and calling. Emergencies will be handled by the teachers. Students are responsible for ALL electronics they choose to bring.
8. Backpacks – Students may use backpacks to carry food, money, cell phones, cameras, and other items. Please be sure it is not too heavy, as there will be no where and no one to hold it for them.
9. Here are links to the park sites. It’s going to be such fun!