Drama Summer Camp: Pirates of Grammar Island the Musical!
Summer Camp Drama Intensive July 7 – July 18, 2014, 9:00am -3:00pm
Performance: July 18, 2014 at 11:00am
Sure, they’re pirates, but you won’t believe what buried treasure they’re looking for. With a map in one hand and a dictionary in the other, these brigands scour uncharted waters for grammatical gold: complete sentences, parts of speech, contractions, subject-verb agreement, and correct punctuation and capitalization. ARRG!!!!
This year we will be attending Musical Me’s production of The Wizard of Oz, on Friday July 11 at 10:30am. The cost is $3.00 per person. Please see attached permission slip. We will need drivers. Thank you!
Welcome Summer Camp Players to Summer Drama at MMS. Our drama camps teach students how to work as a team, acting, blocking, singing and choreography and professionalism. They will also get some background experience in props and costuming. With the help of our Junior Counselors, the students will learn what it takes to produce a quality show. They will also learn that practicing at home as well as during rehearsals is hard work and necessary! They will feel proud of their hard work!
Your student will be working hard all week on choreography, learning lines and songs, and cues. Please make sure they get a good night sleep each day and attend each ENTIRE day. Below are some guidelines and expectations to help your student have a successful week.
- Everyone has to work as a team.
- Cast members don’t need to give direction while on stage. It’s distracting and the audience can see you doing it. Stay in character, do not laugh or talk to the audience while on stage.
- Use expression
- Maintain Character at all times while on stage
- Don’t talk, play, fidget or play with your clothes or hair while on stage!
- Backstage needs to sit quietly.
- Pay ATTENTION and stay Focused!
- Wait for audience to stop clapping or laughing before delivering your next line.
- Memorize your lines and cues, and know your blocking by Wednesday.
- Maintain eye contact and enthusiasm!
- Practice at home daily to be prepared for rehearsals, bring your script to class DAILY!
- Our show is on Friday, July 18 at 11:00am in Ms. Tina’s Classroom. All Parents, Family and Friends are Invited! -It is IMPORTANT that your student attends camp all week from 9:00am – 3:00pm! If they miss a little they miss a lot! Too many absences or leaving early will result in a recast. Your costume will consist of a gray-tshirt (provided by MMS) long blue jeans and black shoes (Jeans and shoes provided by you). Other items will be added to your costume according to your character (provided by MMS). You are only responsible for the long blue jeans and black shoes. Girls: Please come to school on Friday, July 18th with your hair in a ponytail or two pigtails or a bun. Your hair must be pulled back and away from your face for the show. Thank you!
All the World’s A Stage!
Ms. Sylvia Aslanian
Mr. Richard Aslanian
Ms. Susan Salvatore